I don't make it a secret that I am absolutely head over heels in love with Nutella, so much so that when I shop I buy the family sized jar even though there's only me. Give me it in desserts, on pancakes, on crepes, on toast or even just on a spoon *drool*. The other day, I made salted Nutella cookies from Tanya Burr's cookbook (which I would highly recommend for anyone with a sweet tooth!) and it made me want to create my own little Nutella recipe as I hadn't actually included it in anything before that. I came up with these mini cakes, a mix of my two favourite things (Nutella and raspberry if you hadn't guessed) and I thought I'd share with you in case you share the same loves!
- 110g butter
- 110g sugar
- 110g self-raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 150g butter (for the icing)
- 300g icing sugar
- Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees.
- Combine the 110g of butter with the sugar using an electric whisk until fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and add the egg, adding a dash of milk if the mix is too thick.
- Add the chocolate powder to the mix and mix thoroughly.
- I advise using a 9 holed cake tray for this so the cakes don't expand too much and lose their shape (you'll see why). Add the mix into cake cases and bake for 10-15 mins.
- Once the cakes have cooled slightly, scoop out a hole in the centre of each cake, big enough for a dollop of Nutella (obvs I went for lots) and add a spoonful of the good stuff into each.
- For the raspberry buttercream icing, combine the icing sugar and the 150g butter using an electric whisk. Add in some raspberries and whisk thoroughly. Be careful not to add too many or the icing will go too runny!
- Pipe the icing onto the cakes, making sure to cover the entire top of the cake (or dollop it on with a spoon if you're not fussy!) and finish off with a fresh raspberry on the top and a dusting of icing sugar.
- Eat until your Nutella loving heart is content.
I absolutely loved seeing the photos of your Kinder Bueno Brownies from my recipe last week so if you decide to give these a whirl let me know and be sure to tag me in your photos using @saltandchic - happy baking!