Since I started living alone, I've been baking a lot. I'm not someone who likes to sit around and do nothing when I'm by myself and as much as I love snuggling up in front of the TV with a takeaway and a cuppa, I much prefer to do it when I have someone to snuggle up to. Baking is something that's become a real hobby to me whether I'm following a recipe out of one of my favourite cookbooks or creating something myself and my latest creation attracted quite a lot of attention over on Twitter. I created some simply beautiful Kinder Bueno Brownies after I failed to find a recipe for them anywhere online and oh em gee they are good! So many people asked me for the recipe so here it is in the form of a blog post - happy baking guys!
- 170g butter
- 75g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 250g sugar
- Three bars Kinder Bueno
- 100g white chocolate
Even if you don't like dark chocolate I'd still recommend using it to make these. It doesn't take like dark chocolate at all at the end and I'm not a fan of it either so I'd definitely go for it!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 20cm baking tray with grease proof paper. Bring a pan of water to the boil and melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over the top of the water until the mixture is totally smooth.
- Using an electric whisk, combine the eggs and the sugar until the mixture is thick and stiff and fold in the chocolate mixture using a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and the cocoa powder and fold into the mix.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Break the Kinder Bueno bars into pieces. After 30 minutes of baking the brownie, take it from the oven and press the pieces of Kinder Bueno into the top of the brownie (be careful because it will be hot hot hot!). Make sure they're spread out enough so that each piece will have at least one bit of chocolate on the top!
- Bake for a further couple of minutes, keeping an eye on the brownie so that the Kinder chocolate doesn't totally melt.
- Take the brownie out of the oven and leave to cool. Melt the white chocolate over a pan of boiling water and drizzle over the top of the brownie. Leave to set in the fridge and cut into squares when it's ready.
And there you have it - Kinder Bueno Brownies! If you want to really go all out you can add some nuts to the brownie mixture or even crushed Kinder bars! This is one of my favourite creations so far so if you make it yourself definitely tag me in your photos using @saltandchic - I want to see how you get on!