Craving sweet treats, and wanting to keep it as natural as possible, I turned to my kitchen cupboards on an experimental whim!
I selected a few ingredients I love and ones that I thought would work well together and they transformed into super yummy, chocolatey, nutty, sweet pieces of heaven! They were so good that I had to share them with you!
These oat bites are great as a pick me up or just perfect as a little sweet treat to take the edge of things! Although, be warned, these are so addictive! Stopping after eating just one has proven very difficult…
50g Natural Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Honey
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 squares of 70% Dark ChocolateDrizzle of Peanut Butter
How to make!
- Blend together the peanut butter, sultanas, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon, forming a gooey paste like consistency.
- Combine the oats into the sweet paste, stirring to mix together. Press the pulse button to break down the oats a little if needed. The mixture should now stick together, and be mouldable.
- Pop the mix in a small shallow baking tray. I lined my tray with cling film which helped removing the oat bites from the tray.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan on boiling water and drizzle over the mix in the tray. Kudos for swirly chocolate patterns! Follow with a light drizzle of peanut butter over the top.
- Cover the tray, and leave in the fridge to set over night.
- Slice in to squares, and enjoy!
I hope you love these Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bites as much as I do! Tag me in your photos @suzdys on Instagram - I’d love to see how you made yours!
Make sure you check out Suzy's blog Suzy Dyson for more amazing posts like this, including food, travel, lifestyle and more! You won't regret it! Make sure to check out her social too!
Remember, I'm in Dubrovnik this week so be sure to follow me on Instagram (@saltandchic) and on snapchat (a_daawg) to see what I'm getting up to!