1. You've read each Harry Potter book so much you know the entire thing by heart.
I read the Philosopher's Stone for the first time when I was 6 and since then I've read, re-read and re-re-read each and every one over fifty times each and I'm not exaggerating there. This doesn't apply to just the main books but also to the spin-off books like Fantastic Beasts and so on. We know the books cover to cover and can actually cite parts of it to you if we want and because of this, your HP books might be looking a little worse for wear, like my Order of the Phoenix book!
2. You get upset that certain things weren't included in the films.
Yes the films are amazing but where was Peeves? Where was Nearly Headless Nick's Death Day party? Where was the Pensieve scene with Hepzibah Smith and Hokey the House Elf???? Obviously every single part can't be put into the film but PEEVES? How could they miss him out?!
3. You name every single thing you can after Harry Potter characters.
When I'm trying to name something, I can't think of anything other than Harry Potter characters. When I got my two lil dogs, I knew they were going to be called something Harry Potter related and who do we have now? Luna and Harry of course! I even got them Ravenclaw and Gryffindor jumpers custom made. How adorable do they look?!
4. You get genuinely offended when someone says they don't like Harry Potter.
Like seriously, how do these people get through their lives?????
5. People tag you in every Harry Potter related post on social media.
And I'm not complaining. Whether it's a HP themed proposal, a child dressed as Dobby or a video of the Warner Bros. Theme Park in Florida, I get tagged in every post that even mentions Hogwarts on social media, my obsession is that well known!
6. You know exactly which house you would be in at Hogwarts.
I've known since I was a small child that I was a Ravenclaw and this was confirmed on good ol' Pottermore! Such a wise old thing.
7. If you can have it Harry Potter themed, you will.
Yep, that beauty above was my 21st birthday cake. Isn't it the most magnificent thing you've ever seen in your life? I almost didn't want to eat it it was that good and it was absolutely huge. It looks amazing on the photo but in real life it was really a work of art. I've also got HP colouring books, pyjamas, bobble heads....you name it, I've got it.
8. You randomly quote lines from the books or movies during everyday life.
My bedroom is full of quotes from wise old Dumbledore, Severus and an abundance of other characters. I always love it when I can quote HP at someone and they'll know exactly what I'm talking about!
9. You have that one character death that will stay with you forever.
Or about 30 of them. Will we ever be over Dobby? Snape? Dumbledore? I remember reading the Half-Blood Prince when it first came out while I was on holiday and I was actually sitting in my hotel room crying reading that dreaded chapter. Still. Not. Over. It.
10. The yearly struggle: When ITV shows Harry Potter on a Saturday for eight weeks and you're torn because the one currently showing isn't in line with your Harry Potter film cycle.
Do I watch the Chamber of Secrets because it's on ITV right now or do I wait and watch the Half-Blood Prince in my own time because I watched the Order of the Phoenix a few days ago??? THE STRUGGLE.
11. You could easily pass a N.E.W.T in HP knowledge.
People are always shocked by just how much I know about Harry Potter. While I was on holiday last year a rep thought he was a fan and challenged me to a dual (aka a quiz) and it's fair to say I absolutely destroyed him. Yup, he was wounded!
12. When you saw the trailer for Fantastic Beasts, you screamed or cried or both.
It may not be actual Harry Potter but it's the next best thing. A trip back into the magical world gets a yes from me no matter what! Eeeeeeeek.
I could literally go on forever but I better stop now before I get carried away! Can you relate to any of these points?!